Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Thing #20-YouTube

This is one of my favorite exercises because I love YouTube:) I use it all the time to watch movie trailers and music videos (either official ones or fan made ones of tv shows I like). Sometimes I even use it like a radio just playing the songs I like to hear or see funny homemade videos by people of real life events. Also it's great to catch a clip of something I missed on tv. There is a lot I like about the site. Pretty much everything I named above! But I also like that it is user friendly and that I can sort by relevance, upload date, and type (important to find High Quality videos!). If I signed up for an account (apparently Google is the universal account!) I can make a favorites list as well as playlists. Very cool! What I dislike is sometimes the quality of videos is not always that great and sometimes it is hard to find what I am looking for (sometimes because it's not on the site!). Also the comment feature leads to a lot of negative feedback from people.

I choose this video to blog about because it is one of my favorite fan made music videos of one of my favorite tv couples: Pam and Jim from The Office :) If you haven't seen this show you must! It's hysterically funny :)



There are features on YouTube that can be used for library applications. Trainings can be done to be viewed remotely by librarians (as exampled in this training session). Storytimes, booktalks, and library events could be recorded to be viewed by patrons unable to attend. Or they could be used to train other librarians. Maybe patrons talking about their favorite books could be done as well.

BTW...I am so proud of myself that I figured out how to embed this video!!! :) And I just discovered you can tag your blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment