Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thing # 21-Podcasts

I had fun with this exercise as well. I explored Podcast Alley as one site that you can search the web for podcasts that interest you.

http://www.podcastalley.com/

I really enjoyed the site as it was very helpful and user friendly. A user can either browse by categories listed or search for something specific. I found a surprisingly large number(163)of library related podcasts when I typed in the word "library." When you see a title that looks intersting you can click it on and see a descrption of the site. There's also a good link on the site that explains what a podcast is.

For fun I searched for "Harry Potter" related web sites. There were 200 to choose from. The one I selected for my Bloglines accout is called MuggleCast which is a podcast from one of my favorite Harry Potter websites-Mugglenet.com. Once I added it to my account I was able to listen to a podcast about the latest Harry Potter news-the new Harry Potter Orlando theme park which is supposed to open in Spring 2010. I really see the appeal of putting your favorite podcasts in one spot. In this case, Bloglines. Therefore you only have to go to one spot on the Internet and see if there is any news you want to listen to. I think this is a great time saver for people trying to keep up with current events! I think podcasts are also a great way of connecting people running the website to listeners/users!

It's also neat to see how, now that I'm adding tags to my blogs, it puts them in categories to be searched by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment